HOW TO APPLY
- Go to my.americorps.gov. This will be your one-stop website for almost all things AmeriCorps related, such as requesting loan forbearance, accessing tax information, using your education award if you select one, and of course applying to AmeriCorps programs.
- Click on "Apply to Serve" at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the requested profile information.
- Once you receive your account information via email, log into the My AmeriCorps portal using the navigation pane. On the left, click on the "Application" link and create your application with at least two references included.
- After all steps of the application are complete, click on "Finish Application." Then, click "listings" from the navigation pane on the left.
- Scroll down and find the "Program Name" box. Type in "Siena," ignore all other fields.
- Click "Search."
- Read the program information and then click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page to submit your application to the Siena College AmeriCorps VISTA Fellows Program.
- Once you have submitted the online application, we will receive a notification stating that your application has been submitted and will reach out to you.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
There are two stages of the interview process. The initial interview is called a "preliminary interview" conducted with the general purpose to see if you would be a good fit for the Siena AmeriCorps VISTA Program. After the preliminary interview, assuming we both come to the decision to move forward, with the process, we will provide you with a list of nonprofits across the Capital District of New York with whom we have partnerships with. You will be granted the opportunity to select 2-4 sites you would like to interview with for the second stage of the interview process. Keep in mind, the selected service sites will be interviewing other candidates at the same time. After you have interviewed with each of the sites that were of interest to you, we will ask you to rank your top 3 or 4 partners. Most candidates are placed with their first or second choice. At the end of the process, we will take the preferences of all parties and match accordingly based on the results. The more sites you interview with, the greater your chances are of receiving placement at a site.