RA Selection: Individual Interview
The individual interview is an important step in the RA selection process. This interview allows an opportunity to have a conversation with you as a prospective RA. You will be asked questions and you will have a chance to ask us questions about Residential Life and the RA role.
You should schedule your interview in the Residential Life Office (SSU 318) starting on Monday, February 4 at 8:30 a.m. You must sign up for your interview by Friday, February 8 at 4:30 p.m. (the same deadline for your application and other materials). You will be contacted via e-mail on Sunday, February 17 with the details of your interview (location and room number).
- Candidates will interview with 1 Residence Director and 2 current Resident Assistants. A Friar in Residence may also attend the interview.
- Interviews will last approximately 60 minutes. This includes time for you to ask questions of your interview panel.
- Please bring questions for your interview panel.
- Dress code for the RA interview is business professional. For some general (but not all inclusive) tips about dress code, please view the links below.
- The Career Center will be offering special workshops on "Effective Interviewing" only for RA applicants. Be sure to check your RA Applicant Checklist document for information on dates and times.
- You can also schedule a mock interview by contacting the Career Center directly at 518-783-2339.
- For more interview tips, please click here.
If you have any questions about the RA Selection Process, please contact Adam Casler at 518-782-8155 or Katie Wolanin at 518-782-6104.