Outlook from Home
You can set up your Windows home computer or laptop to connecto to Siena's Outlook Exchange server, which will let you read Siena e-mail in Outlook from any Internet connection.
To set this up:
- Click on "Start."
- Click on "Control Panel"
- Click on "User Accounts." Note: if the screen doesn't look like the image below, you are in the classic view. Skip to this step and go on to the next.
- Click on "Mail." An e-mail account window will pop up. The look of this may vary depending on how you are set up. In general, you should be looking for instructions to create a new e-mail account. Keep clicking on "Next" until you get the window below (with "Microsoft Exchange Server" listed. The options may be slightly different.
- Select "Microsoft Exchange Server" and click "Next." The screen below will display.
- In the "Microsoft Exchange Server" box, type "mb-2.siena.edu" (no quotes).
- Type your username where indicated. Do not click on "Check Name."
- Click on "More Settings."
- Click on the "Connection'' Tab.
- Put a check on "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP.
- Click on "Exchange Proxy Settings."
- In the "https" box, enter "imail.siena.edu" (no quotes).
- Click "OK."
- Click "Next."
- Click "Finish."
When you open Outlook, a window will prompt you for a username and password. You will have to include "sienaservices\" (for example, "sienaservices\auser"). Once that is entered, you will be connected. The first time you log on this way, it will take a bit of time before all your information is downloaded and updated. From that point on, however, you can read your e-mail directly without waiting.