MDI files are Microsoft's answer to .pdf. They can be read if you have installed Office 2007. Siena's standard install includes the MDI reader, but some home computers may not have it. If your computer can't display .mdi files, do the following:
- Click on "Start"
- (XP Users) Click on "Run."
- Enter "appwiz.cpl" into the box (into the search box in Vista).
- Press Enter.
- The "Add or Remove Programs" windows will display. It will take a little time before all the programs are listed.
- Scroll down to find "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007." Click on it. Note: if this is a Siena computer, you may not see this, but you should have the reader already installed.
- Click on "Change."
- A window will display that says “Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.”
- Select "Add or Remove Features" and click "continue."
- "Office Tools" will display. Expand the listing by clicking on the plus sign to the left of the name.
- Click on "Microsoft Document Imaging."
- Select "Run all from my computer."
- Click "Continue."
The MDI viewer and printer will be installed.