In order to save paper, lab computers in Hines Hall 116 and in the Library have been set up for duplex (two-sided) printing as the default. This should lead to considerable saving of paper.
You don't need to do anything to print two-sided. Just choose the lab printer and print.
If you do need to print something one-sided, follow these instructions.
Note: Printing from the Print Menus is the simpler method and must be set up each time you print. Printing from the Start Menu is more complicated, but remains set for the entire session and will work if the first one fails.
From the Print Menu
- Click on "File" and "Print" to bring up the printer screen.
For library lab printers, select "General Everyday Printing" from the "Printing Shortcuts."
From the Start Menu
- Click on "Start."
- Click on "Printers and Faxes."
- Find the default printer (it should have a black check on the icon). Right click and select "Properties."
- The "Properties" window will display. Click on "Printing preferences" at the bottom of the window.
- Printing Preferences will display. Click on the "Finishing" Tab. (Note: Library lab computers have a different driver and options. See above.)
- Uncheck "Print On Both Sides."
- Click on "Apply" at the bottom.
- Click on "OK."
- You can close the other windows.
- Go into your document and select "Print." It should print on one side. Follow the instructions above "From the Print Menu." to double check.
If you're still having problems
- Try printing to a different printer.
- Print each page individually.