The Grounds Department at Siena College is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the campus landscape.
Our Tasks Include....
- Maintenance of all trees, shrubs, and turf on campus. This includes mowing, trimming, weeding, pruning, mulching, seeding, fertilzation, watering, and leaf removal.
- Maintenance, street sweeping, snow plowing, salting/sanding of parking lots, roads, and pedestrian travelways.
- The daily pickup and service for all trash and recycling locations.
- Seasonal Projects - spring flowers plantings, fall mum installations, and tree care / plantings are important elements to the care of the campus.
- Care for the athletic fields, coordinated with our Athletics Department of optimize the fields for game days
Did you know?
Siena's Campus is over 175 acres - one acre =equals almost an entire football field!
The annual average snowfall total for Loudonville, N.Y. is over 60 inches!
The Grounds Department plants over 4,000 annuals each spring!
Frequently Asked Questions.....
- How does Grounds prioritize work and always make everthing look great? Our number one priority is safety, followed close by aesthetics. The campus is maintained using a zone maintenance system, so each area or zone usually has two dedicated staff members.
- How does Grounds schedule work around all of the other campus events and activities (i.e. outdoor classes, picnics, and tours?) We are in constant communication with many different groups and departments on campus, as well working with our CMMS (our computer based work order system) and the campus events scheduling software
- I am having a event next week and want everyone to know about it - can I post information sheets on trees in the quad? No, in accordance withour campus posting policy, posting must be approved by Campus Programs.