Renewal of Aid Timeline
The process for securing financial aid follows a timetable. It is important that you file applications by the dates shown below to ensure that you do not miss out on any financial aid opportunities:
- File your FAFSA application by May 1st. Students and parents are strongly encouraged to use the new IRS Data Retrieval function offered through the FAFSA. This will allow you to retreive your required tax information directly from the IRS.
- Financial Aid Award Letters are mailed beginning in mid-June and continue throughout the summer.
- Return a signed copy of your Financial Aid Award Letter to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible. Your aid will not be processed until your letter is returned.
- Start Federal Direct Stafford or PLUS Loan or Private Education Loan application process. See our Loan Options & Processing Page for more information.
- First-time borrowers of Direct Stafford loans must complete their loan requirements via the web. See our Loan Options & Processing Page for more information.
- Work-study information is sent to all eligible students.