Renewal of Financial Aid

In order to renew your federal, state and/or Siena need-based financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To ensure adequate processing time we recommend that you file your FAFSA by May 1st.

FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval Tool (Recommended)

This feature allows you to import your income data from your 2013 tax return directly into your FAFSA. You will need to have electronically filed your taxes 2 weeks prior to filling out your FAFSA. This feature greatly reduces common errors on the FAFSA. Please use this new feature while completing income information for both the parent and the student on the 2014-2015 FAFSA.

To renew your FAFSA, visit You will need your 2013 federal tax returns and your PIN numbers. If you have already filed the FAFSA, you can check your status online at or call 1-800-4FED-AID. Please note, financial aid packages for upper-class students will be mailed starting in mid-June.

If you do not intend to file the FAFSA for the 2014-2015 academic year, please notify the Financial Aid Office via email at

To renew your NYS TAP award, please be sure to complete the TAP application by visiting Look for the TAP link on the submission page of your FAFSA. This will expedite processing of your NYS TAP application and allow you to import your income data from your FAFSA into your NYS TAP application.

Helpful Hints for Completing your FAFSA ** IRS Data Retrieval Is Strongly Encouraged**

Siena's Federal School Code - 002816

Siena's New York State TAP Code - 0685 

  1. Use figures from your 2013 federal income tax return. If you have not yet completed your return, use estimated figures based on pay-stubs, W2s, prior year’s return, etc.
  2. All income questions must be completed. If the answer is zero or the question does not apply to you, enter 0.  
  3. Read the questions carefully. The words ‘you’ and ‘your’ on the FAFSA always refer to the student, not the parent(s).
  4. If your parents are divorced or separated, the parent with whom you lived most during the past 12 months is the parent responsible for filling out the FAFSA. If the parent who is responsible for filling out the FAFSA has remarried, your step-parent must report his or her income and assets on the FAFSA, even if they were not married during the previous year.
  5. A legal dependent is a person for whom you provide and will continue to provide more than half their support. Support includes money, gifts, loans, housing, food, clothing, automobile, medical and dental care and payment of college costs.
  6. Be sure you and at least one parent sign your FAFSA application using your assigned PIN's.
  7. If you have questions about your FAFSA, please call 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or contact the Financial Aid Office at

Special Circumstances:

We understand that the FAFSA is not always indicative of your current financial situation. If you have recently changed jobs, lost a job, have high medical expenses, pay private secondary school tuition, or have any other unusual circumstances, we may be able to help. Please visit our Special Circumstances page for more detailed information.