Preparation to Study in the US



Upon acceptance to Siena College, international students are required to obtain a student visa in order to study in the US.  Here are some important aspects to keep in mind when you are applying for your student visa.

Acceptance Letter

If you are accepted to study at Siena College, you will be issued an Acceptance Letter.  You will need to present this to the Consulate in your home country when applying for your student visa.

Form I-20

Along with the Acceptance Letter, you will be issued the Form I-20 by Siena College which signifies an initial admittance.  This is an official government form which is required to apply for your student visa.  The Form I-20 is also referred to as the Certificate of Eligibility.

SEVIS I-901 Payment

After receiving the Form I-20, you must make the one-time I-901 payment of $200.00.  This fee needs to be paid before an interview at the Consulate can take place.  Be sure to keep a receipt of your payment and bring it with you to the Consulate. 

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Student Visa is needed for international students looking to study at Siena College.  You will need to submit the Form I-20 in order to obtain the F-1 Student Visa.

Please be sure to maintain copies for all of these important records.


You will need a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the time that you intend to stay in the US.


All accepted students must comply with New York State Health Department regulations requiring Health Records and Immunization Form to be completed in English and submitted to: 

Lynne M. Macko, Office of International Programs, Siena College, 515 Loudon Road, Loudonville, NY 12211, USA.