Apply For Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Application Process:
Students interested in borrowing a Direct Graduate PLUS loan for the 2013-2014 academic year are required to complete the application steps provided below.
1. Students must complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.
2. The student borrower must complete a credit check online at www.studentloans.gov to determine if they will be eligible to borrow a Direct Graduate PLUS loan.
If the student borrower is approved, proceed to step 3. If the student borrower credit is denied, there are options. For more information about these options visit our Direct Graduate PLUS Denial Information page.
3. Once approved, the student borrower must complete a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Graduate Direct PLUS Entrance Counseling for their loan. This is completed at www.studentloans.gov. Please see the instructions below.
4. After completing their credit check and MPN, the student borrower must complete and return the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Information Form. This form provides the Office of Financial Aid with important information to process the loan. The loan will not be processed until this form is received by the Financial Aid Office.
Completing Your Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note :
Once at www.studentloans.gov, use the instructions provided below:
1. Sign in under "Manage My Direct Loan"
2. Select "Complete Master Promissory Note" from the middle of the page
3. Select "Graduate PLUS"
4. Enter Personal Information
5. Select New York and then "Siena College" from the drop-down menus of the School and Loan
6. Enter Personal Reference Information
7. Read Terms and Conditions carefully
8. Review your information and sign and submit your MPN (Siena will receive an electronic copy)