Spanish Language Students: If you plan to study Spanish Language at Siena College (during any of your undergraduate years), you will need to take our short Spanish Placement Test. Please follow this link for specific information about this exam.
- AP (Advanced Placement) Exam taken in high school: If student receives a score of 4 or 5, student typically receives the Siena course 201 equivalent in that language. Click here to see detailed information on transfer of AP credit
- College level language classes (taken while a high school student): Student must have an official transcript sent to their Dean's office for review. Assistant Dean will review materials and make transfer designation in consultation with appropriate language department, if necessary.
- Native speakers of the language to be studied require consultation with Department Chair for appropriate placement.
- CLEP Exam: Students may receive up to 6 credits in French, German or Spanish based on the exam score.
- Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI): if you are interested in this test, please see the Department Chair.