How to submit a request/application for consideration by the Committee on Faculty Status:
NOTE from VPAA: Each individual faculty file in Academic Affairs contains copies of faculty contracts, evaluations, CV's and Personal Data Records. A faculty member may contact our office to arrange a time to review the contents of his/her file, and may request copies of documents contained in the faculty file. It is recommended that you review the contents of your faculty file prior to submitting material for Status Committee consideration to check the dates of the evaluations that are in your file. When evaluations are received in Academic Affairs by the VPAA, he/she reads each evaluation, and then the paperwork is placed directly in your confidential file. It is your responsibility to be sure that your file is complete and up-to-date regarding completed evaluations.
- First, look at the Schedule for Committee Considerations. Inform your department head and dean as early as possible of your intention to submit a request/application. This allows your department head and dean not only to discuss your status with you but also to begin preparations for producing a recommendation.
Note: If you are the head of your department, ask a former department head to serve in your place for the purpose of handling your request/application.
- Review the guidelines pertinent to your specific request/application
- Guidelines for Tenure and Promotion
- Guidelines for Sabbaticals and Leaves of Absence
- Guidelines for other requests/applications are listed in the Faculty Handbook
- Address your application to the VPAA (who is the Chair of the Committee on Faculty Status).
- Submission of request/application (three steps - follow the Schedule):
- Submit your application to your Department Head, who will provide a departmental/department-head recommendation. The department head will return your application and his/her recommendation. You may review the department head's recommendation and, if you so desire, you may attach a response to the recommendation.
- Then, submit your application to your Dean, who will provide a recommendation. The dean will return your application and her/his recommendation. You may review the dean's recommendation and, if you so desire, you may attach a response to the recommendation.
- Then, make 11 (eleven) copies of your application and PDR (SIENA ID, NOT SSN ON ALL PDRs), submit these to the VPAA in the Office of Academic Affairs.
Check list (please fill in submission dates from the Schedule):
Please submit this check list as a cover page to your request/application.
Request/Application for: ________________________________________________
- [ ] Check the Schedule for Committee Considerations
- [ ] Inform your department head; inform your dean
- [ ] Review guidelines for requests/applications (and the Faculty Handbook)
- [ ] Complete your application and address a cover letter to the VPAA
- [ ] Obtain a recommendation from your department/department head
Submission date (to department head): __________
- [ ] Obtain a recommendation from your dean
Submission date (to dean): __________
- [ ] Submit eleven (11) copies plus the original (total 12 copies) of the application and your PDR to the Office of Academic Affairs.
Submission date: __________
Academic Affairs - date received: __________