- Daniel Moriarty
Associate Professor Chemistry
Morrell Science Center 219
Dr. Jodi O'Donnell
Research Group Webpage
B.A., Chemistry, 2000- Drew University, Madison, NJ
Ph.D., Chemistry, 2005 - Northwestern University, Evanston IL
General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Inorganic Chemsitry I
Inorganic Chemistry II
Integrated Lab II
My research focuses on synthesis and characterization of thin-film and membrane materials. Our goal in designing these materials is to use them for a variety of applications, including as VOC, ion pair, and biomimetic sensors, in novel liquid crystalline materials, photovoltaic devices and in electrochromic materials.
- W. W. Kennerly, K. B. Billings, A. G. Geragotelis, J. L. O'Donnell, "A Computational Approach to Walsh Correlation Diagrams for the Inorganic Chemistry Curriculum", The Chemical Educator, 2012, 17, 57-63.
- A. C. Paske, M. J. Gunsch, J. L. O'Donnell, "Electropolymerized Ultrathin Chromophore Films for VOC Sensing", Electrochemical Society Transactions,2011, 35 (31), 29-34.
- A. C. Paske, L. D. Earl, J. L. O'Donnell, "Interfacially Polymerized Metalloporphyrin Thin Films for Colorimetric Sensing of Organic Vapors",Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2011, 155, 687-691.
- J. L. O'Donnell, A. J. Goshe, X. Zuo, L. Sariskov, R. Q. Snurr, J. T. Hupp, D. M. Tiede, "Solution Phase Structural Characterization of Supramolecular Assemblies by High-Angle Molecular Diffraction", Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2007, 129(6), 1578 – 1585.
- J. L. O’Donnell, N. Thaitrong, A. P. Nelson, J. T. Hupp, “Liquid/Liquid Interface Polymerized Membranes Displaying Size- Selective Molecular and Ionic Permeability”, Langmuir, 2006, 22(4), 1804-1809.
Recent Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentation. M. J. Gunsch, K. A. Leamy, A. C. Paske and J. L. O’Donnell. “Sensing of Chlorocarbon and Alcohol Vapors by Electropolymerized Porphyrin Thin Films”, 244rd American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, Philadelphia, PA, August 2012.
- Poster Presentation. J. C. Kranick, N. J. DeMarte, L. J. Tucker and J. L. O’Donnell. “Synthesis of Cholesteric Liquid Crystalline Porphyrins”, 243rd American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, San Diego, CA, March 2012.
- Poster Presentation. A. C. Paske, M. J. Gunsch, and J. L. O’Donnell. “Electropolymerized Ultrathin Chromophore Films for VOC Sensing”, 219th Electrochemical Society Meeting, Montreal, QC, May 2011.