History of the Friars at Siena
Important milestones for the friars at Siena College:
1937 Seven priests and two lay brothers open Siena and place it under the patronage of St. Bernardine of Siena, the 15th century Franciscan scholar.
The seven founding fathers of Siena College: Front row (left to right): Adalbert Callahan, Cyprian Mensing, Lambert Zaleha.
The original campus building, once well known in the area as the "Garrett Mansion," became St. Francis Hall.
This rock on the front lawn of the campus marks the location of the original St. Francis Hall.
1938 Ground is broken for Siena Hall.
1950 St. Bernadine of Siena Friary and St. Mary's of the Angel's Chapel open.
Entrance to St. Mary of the Angels Chapel.
1981 The friars move into their new (current) residence in the Northwest corner of the campus. The "old friary" became Hines Hall, a residence hall for students that also houses Information and Technology Services and some faculty offices.
The current St. Bernardine of Siena Friary.